Congratulations on your admission to Harvard Law School! If you are interested in the intersections of law and gender, we hope that you will make the Harvard Journal of Law and Gender a part of your experience at HLS. Please email us at email@example.com to be added to our email listserv!
The Harvard Journal of Law and Gender (originally the Harvard Women’s Law Journal) is the nation’s oldest continuously publishing feminist law journal. JLG is devoted to the advancement of feminist jurisprudence and the study of law and gender. By combining political, economic, historical, sociological, and legal perspectives, we seek to clarify legal issues that have gendered aspects and implications, and to confront new challenges to full social equality. Our journal also explores the interconnections between race, class, sexuality, and gender in the law.
How to get involved
- Participate in editing our print volume as a Subciter or Technical Editor
- Join our Senior Board as a Managing Editor, Article Editor, Executive Content Editor, or Executive Technical Editor.
- Help choose the articles that we publish by serving as a Selections Editor on the Article Selection Committee.
- Write book reviews, case comments or blog posts for our Online Content features.
- Come to our events where we bring authors and other scholars together to discuss cutting edge issues at the intersections of law and gender!
- We welcome all HLS students, including 1Ls and LLMs, to take on substantive editing roles.
- We provide opportunities for our journal members to write, both online and in print.
- We have training for each aspect of the editing and writing process, so each member is supported in taking on a leadership role.
- JLG has a collaborative editing process, which includes an all-journal editing day (called a “subcite”) and small article team events that allow members of the JLG community to get to know each other.
If you would like to know more about JLG or have questions about HLS more generally, please don’t hesitate to get in touch by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.