The Harvard Journal of Law and Gender is the nation’s oldest continuously publishing feminist law journal. JLG is an intersectional feminist publication, devoted to the advancement of feminist jurisprudence and the study of law and gender. Student notes should seek to clarify legal issues that have gendered aspects and implications, confront new challenges to full social equality, and explore the interconnections between race, class, sexuality, nationality, ability, and gender in the law.
We will be selecting one winning submission to be published in Volume 47 of JLG, which will go to print in the late spring or early summer of 2024. In addition to the student note competition, we also welcome student submissions of short pieces to our online content at any time.
After reviewing the submission information below, any additional questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Note Requirements:
– Authors must be current students at or recent alumni (within one year of graduation) of a U.S. or international law school.
– Notes should be between 20 and 40 pages in length (including footnotes), but we will consider notes that are shorter and longer.
– Authors should make their best effort for citations to comply with the Bluebook.
– If selected for publication, the author must be willing to comply with the JLG editing and revision process, which will take place throughout late fall and early spring.
– Please fill out this form in its entirety.
– Submissions will be deidentified before review – please ensure that your name, the name of your law school, and any other identifying information has been removed from the body of the document you submit.
– Upload your Note as a Word document and label it according to the following convention: LastName_FirstName_StudentNote (ex., Doe_Jane_StudentNote.docx).
– Documents should be submitted in Times New Roman with 12 pt. font/double spaced text and 10 pt. font/single spaced footnotes.
All submissions will be anonymized for the initial round of review. Information disclosed by the author in this form may be considered in later stages of review.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. If your Note is selected for any other award or publication, please let us know immediately by emailing email@example.com.
ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 11:59 PM ET ON SEPTEMBER 22, 2023 AT BIT.LY/JLG-STUDENTNOTE.