The Harvard Negotiation Law Review invites you to submit your note to our 2022-2023 Student Note Competition. We invite submissions from students currently enrolled at any ABA accredited law school. Submissions should focus on topics related to negotiation, mediation, or alternative dispute resolution. The note may take the form of a traditional article or case comment.
- Submissions may be a maximum of 15,000 words including footnotes. Citations should conform to the 21st edition of the Bluebook.
- Formatting: We encourage authors to submit their articles in Word format, double spaced, size 12 pt Times New Roman font with size 10 pt Times New Roman footnotes.
- Anonymization: Submissions will be anonymized, so please be sure to remove all references to your name, institution, and other identifiers within the body of your article.
We conduct an individualized, holistic review of every student note. Considerations include:
- The clarity and effectiveness of the writing;
- Rigorous analysis of ideas;
- Creativity in the field of negotiation and dispute resolution;
- Accuracy and quality of citations (in accordance with the 21stedition of the Bluebook); and
- Grammar, spelling, and technical polish.
- Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com. Please write “Student Note Competition Entry” in the subject line.
- In the body of your email, please include your first and last name, contact information, resume, article title, page count, and the note type (e.g., article, book review, case comment, etc.).
- The reviewers of the student notes will not have access to these personal details; the submissions will be fully anonymized before being sent to the reviewers.
- We will accept and review submissions on a rolling basis, until January 13th, 2023.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to submit your piece.